My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MTF Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a JD 214 with a 46" deck, plow, and snowblower attachment for $700 the other day, and the guy who sold it told me said that it needed a linkage to lift the attachments in the front and I only have a slight idea what he means. I can see where it would probably go (as seen in picture), but I don't know what it's called or where to get one, or even if I could possibly make one instead? If someone could post up a picture or something of what it should be like that would be great.

·
Super Moderator
44,844 Posts
OK so there is a rod with two yoke on it (one adjustable) that comes from the rocker arm to the front lift lever, which you will need too so check for it as it may already be in place. That is the 1st picture, the second is the link that is used from the lower dog leg to the front attachments, looks like a big bicycle chain link:

·
MTF Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I found one on ebay, and it is $100!! For a piece of metal? Is there a cheaper way to go with this?

·
Super Moderator
44,844 Posts

·
MTF Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
JD lists a 'front lift kit'. Not sure if it is still available.
Im in the same situation, Have a JD 212 was trying to hook up my plow and noticed I was missing something. My blower has an arm that I removed. Was told to buy lift linkage ($24.99) on ebay. If this all I would need? When I had the snowblower on the blower went up and down no problem with attachment arm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.