My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was driving around my yard yesterday sweeping up grass clippings and had to stop to pick up some downspouts. When I went to start my 210 back up, it just gave me one click and then nothing. I had been thinking that it was a solenoid issue, but when I jumped the posts on the solenoid I continued to get clicking and some sparks, but no cranking in the engine.

Does that mean that my starter is bad? If so, does anyone have any good resources for the replacement process? I always like to look and pictures or videos before diving into a project!

Thanks in advance!

·
Parts collector
2,778 Posts
Clean up your battery connections first, check your battery Voltage, check the cables for corrosion, as well as the connections to all the components that feed the starter. after you know they are all good and clean you will know if it's the starter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the message. I should have included that in the original message. I've checked connections and voltage between the 2 battery terminals as well as between the positive post on the solenoid and the negative post on the battery. I'm consistently getting around 14 volts in both locations.

·
Parts collector
2,778 Posts
Thanks for the message. I should have included that in the original message. I've checked connections and voltage between the 2 battery terminals as well as between the positive post on the solenoid and the negative post on the battery. I'm consistently getting around 14 volts in both locations.
did you check the voltage coming to the starter from the solenoid?

·
Parts collector
2,778 Posts
I'm honestly not sure. How would I go about doing that?
Volt meter at the hot wire on the starter. turn the key and see if it's getting 12+ volts.

you can buy a rebuild kit for these starters cheap on amazon or ebay, easy to do, I've done 2 of them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Volt meter at the hot wire on the starter. turn the key and see if it's getting 12+ volts.

you can buy a rebuild kit for these starters cheap on amazon or ebay, easy to do, I've done 2 of them.
And if it is getting 12 volts, it's the starter and if not it's the solenoid? You don't have a link to a rebuild kit that you've had success with do you?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,799 Posts
Take your multi meter and put the red wire on the small wire going to the solenoid, other end to ground. Turn the key. Do you get a reading then?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts