My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a john deere 210 garden tractor eletric PTO manual lift. I bought the tractor from a guy on Craig's list and his son was working on it it and ripped all the wiring out and took all the electrical stuff off of it. There wasn't a coil light switch points anything electrical nothing was on it. So I went and got a new volt meter coil solenoid points and condenser spark plug light switch key switch etc. So I put all of those things on the tractor and wired it all up with a john deere wire diagram. I set the points gap at top dead center and it fired up and ran. I drove it around and seemed to work fine I then parked it and the next day it snowed 6in. I was plowing with my 210 it ran good and all the sudden it died on me. So i brought it back in the shop went over everything and found i blew the points the 2 contact surfaces were chipped off and the plastic around was melted. So i ordered a 2nd set of points and condenser from I save tractors and put them in put the engine to top dead center and then started it up and it ran for about 30 minutes and the same problem happened. Any ideas of what going on or what keeps blowing them?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I'd verify you have the correct coil. There are 2 types of coils available, one with an internal resistor and one without an internal resistor. I think (??) your K241 should have an internal resistor. Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts