My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks

Only second post on here since joining.

I have a JD2030. When I running my log splitter on the rear spools the hydraulic pipes judder which slows the speed of the piston stroke and the juddering is really annoying and noisy.

I have a loader which usually works fine unless you have been running the log splitter and then that judders for a few seconds if you use is straight after.

Its like its starved of oil or air in the system. I have serviced it to ensure filters are all clear etc.

Please can someone help!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I think you have maybe two problems. First, if you have a valve on the splitter, be sure it is for closed center hydraulic system. Second, you may need to change the oil flow on your scv valve on the tractor so that it returns oil to the filter cover. Does your loader valve have a hose that goes to the filter? If so then put a tee in it and add a second hose to the scv valve. Remove the short piece of hose between the scv and the three point hitch housing. Plug the two ports from the short hose and attach the hose from the filter cover to the outside plug on scv. I am attaching a picture of parts needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this. I will look into this on the tractor and see if I can follow what you mean.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the splitter runs fine on my fathers JD2650. As it works on his does this mean I don't need to worry about the first part about closed centre hydraulics?

Many many thanks

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
The 2650 is newer and it had a return line to the filter from the factory. If you get the return line installed, it will work much better even with an open center valve. It will tend to heat up the oil more than if it had a closed center valve though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will the attachment of the return line in anyway effect the double acting nature of the spools? As I need them double acting to operate my grab on the loader (3rd service) when I use this. How would I know which spool to attach the line to?

Sorry for all the questions but as you gather I am not very clued up on tractor plumbing!

Cheers

·
opieone
39 Posts
Interesting! I sometimes have the same problem with the loader on my 2030. I think the loader is a JD48, not real sure though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts