My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering is the cruise control on these machines mechanical or electronic . The used one I was looking at did not have it an I noticed in the brochere a square yellow latch type handle just like the parking brake . I guess if its mechanical it just holds the foot pedal where you put it . So each time its released you select your speed again an reset it no resume feature .
Drove a wheel horse 520exi the other day it did not have resume but would automatically slow when makeing a turn then go back to same speed when the turn was complete, an it was electronically actavated .

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Yep, it is mechanical. You push the pedal to your speed, pull the cruise lever out and then release the pedal then let go of the cruise lever. To release, just bump the forward pedal to pop it out or hit the brake pedal somewhat hard. Its not high tech, but it works.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
my cruise is a toggle switch on the dash...but it does seem to work the same as described above.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
my cruise is a toggle switch on the dash...but it does seem to work the same as described above.
Yup, mine too.

The dealer gave it to me for half price because he had it in parts inventory. He did not reccomend it, but installed it for no charge.

After having it, I use it seldom and would not buy another,:duh: but it does work.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
my year model is 2006. I agree with c5rulz, I wouldn't pay for it if ordering a new tractor, I never use it.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
my year model is 2006. I agree with c5rulz, I wouldn't pay for it if ordering a new tractor, I never use it.
Yah, but I got a good deal on the accesory I am not going to use, so there.:bannana:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts