My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at this lawn mower. It has some rust on the foot pads and a slight tear in the seat. I just have no gauge for how much this should cost. The seller is including with the lawnmower tractor a 38 inch mowing deck, a snow blower and a hard cab. Does anyone know how much this should cost or an estimate??

My second question is would this remove snow well (lawn mower with blower). My drive way is 150 yards long and I am trying to avoid spending big money on a truck. Will this lawn mower above with the blower do the trick?

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
Base 175 w38" deck: $350 - $600 depending on condition. $450 - $500 for average condition, decently maintained and running well.

38" snow thrower: $150 - $250 depending on condition and season.

Hard cab: ultra rare around here; never seen one for the little guys. Usually have to go 200 series or better to find one. Don't have a good idea of value but I'd guess $200 - $300.

As a package I wouldn't go over $1,000 and that would be everything in excellent condition.

175 should handle that driveway but it will be some work for the machine. I have a snowthrower on my 180 (17 HP vs. 14HP on 175) and it does three driveways per storm without issue.

If you buy it and the snowthrower is not mounted make sure you get all the snowthrower parts.

In addition to the auger housing you should have:
Two frame mount arms (black ~3' long)
Mule drive - two pulleys on a piece of flat stock
Mule drive tensioner spring
Mule drive tensioner spring connecting rod
Lift rod and chute rotation linkage. Can be one or two pieces depending on how the PO stored it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Herd. The seller is asking 1000 for it all. The tractor looks and sounds good other than that rust where you set your feet. Is there anything else out there that is a good buy (this age or newer) for about a grand that would do a better job at snowblowing or does this seem like about as good as I could get at that price.

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,933 Posts
Just to help you put it into perspective, I paid $1500 CDN for a JD 160 (manual tranny, slightly smaller engine) with mower, blade, 38" blower & chains.. Everything in pretty good shape, rust-wise... For that $1000, do you get the chains and the rear weights (to ballast the weight of the blower)? The weights are pretty rare...

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I think he's fine for $1000.00 if it all runs well !!
If you can test run it run it till it is good and hot sometimes thing don't run right after they warm up for a while but will run fine cold, and visa-versa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts