My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello walk behind guys! I have an older John Deere 14SB that starts up on the 2nd or 3rd pull every time. Recently, it has been bogging down and stalling every time i try to engage the blades. I am totally new to small walk behinds, and I have never tinkered on this before. Ideas??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure if you're new this mower or just working on walkbehinds. My 14SB usually starts on the 1st pull, but usually needs 10-20 seconds to warm up before engaging the blade. I can feather it on slightly less than that, but not right away upon start up.

The only other thing I can say is the engine seems very finacy with bad or old gas. Try putting some Stabil in the gas. That helped my engine run smoother earlier this season.

Sorry I can't help you beyond that. I'm sure others will have more/better advise.
-T

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
Have you looked for any string/twine wound up under there causing unneeded friction? Is there a buildup of grass/debris caught in the clutch workings?

When the engine bogs does it stay running or does it die when the clutch is engaged?

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the problem seems to have fixed itself

1 - 5 of 5 Posts