My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went and looked at a 140h3 last night and have a few question.
The tractor comes with 48" deck, snow blade muti angle, a spare rearend
and a tiller, unit starts and runs fair. needs hood and grill
1. What would be a fair purchase price.
2. how does the tiller run from the tractor (it was buried and getting dark)
3. is there something i should look at hard before buying?
The unit seems to be well used and could use a good cleaning and paint.
Thanks Ken

·
Super Moderator
35,723 Posts
Yes with the accessories mentioned and hood and grille missing I'd agree with D-Dogg. I'd offer $800 and see what they come back with!

·
Super Moderator
17,111 Posts
The tiller run's off a Shaft PTO that end in a Pulley then the tiller is run off a Belt from PTO to Pulley on tiller. The tiller is frame mounted in place of integral hitch or 3point.
Other thing to be aware with this model when Rear PTO is mounted The Cat 0 3point cannot be mounted on the tractor. Only a Integral Hitch(sleeve Hitch) can be mounted with Rear PTO on the Tractor. A New grill is avaliable through this company http://hapcoparts.com/ as well as many other parts for 110,112,120 & 140's :thThumbsU

·
Premium Member
9,954 Posts
I think these guys are right on the money as it were. Look for hydraulic leaks and check if she creeps in neutral. Let the engine run until it's hot and then check for smoke and smooth running (at least 10 mins). Make sure it actually has the rear pto ($150 easy on Ebay). If you're really worried about cosmetics, a hood, light bezel and grill can add up fast. Do the tines on the tiller turn easily? Can you test the hydraulic blade and the mower? Make sure the mower has the mule drive as well. If things are really rough or rusty, I think you can come down a couple hundred. Good luck, she's a classic machine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts