My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
O yeah it is a decent price,smoking is probably rings,easy to fix.

·
Premium Member
9,794 Posts
I'm going to respectfully disagree. That is high, at least for around here. Yes it has hydraulic lift (a big plus), but it looks really rough (seat, surface rust, hood, etc.), looks to be missing some parts like the right hand belt cover and it sounds like the Kohler engine will need some significant repair somewhere down the line. I'm also concerned that he doesn't even include a picture of the mower deck. Be wary!

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's probably spot on for around here, and they're usually in rougher shape. I've been browsing craigslist for a "project" and can't find anything in rough shape for less than 800 usually.

·
Professional amateur!
1,003 Posts
i bought my '71 112 with 38" deck, 37" thrower for $650. didn't smoke at all. it was far from perfect but it worked.

i think the tiller and thrower are usually worth about $300 each by themselves. (but i'm no expert)

·
Too young to act this old
1,034 Posts
Second one would probably be a better deal. Looks like it may be an electric lift. The first one would be worth it if you could get the blower with it and the smoking is a minimum.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Second one would probably be a better deal. Looks like it may be an electric lift. The first one would be worth it if you could get the blower with it and the smoking is a minimum.
I talked to the guy on the phone, and he claims the smoke clears up when the engine warms up. And the blower and deck are included. I may be going for it. :trink39:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts