My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the deck belt on my 85 John Deere 111 because it snapped. I used a 1/2" V-Belt 66" long. (hopefully its right). Well I noticed that when I am mowing I can have the mower in second gear and it will loose momentum on the slightest incline. and there is alot of play in the drive belt. I want to go ahead and replace all the belts. Does anyone know the right size of the belts on my mower? Does anyone have a owners manual online for this? maybe a pdf? I am also curious if I used the right size belt on the deck. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

·
Diesel Power
5,340 Posts
Assuming it has a 38" deck, the primary belt is John Deere Drive Belt - M77988;

Effective Length 59.917 IN
Width 0.559 IN
Thickness 0.449 IN
Angle 36

The secondary belt is John Deere Drive Belt M82462;
Effective Length 65.618 IN
Width 0.500 IN
Thickness 0.310 IN
Angle 32

·
Registered
467 Posts
I replaced the main drive belt (engine to transmission) on my plow 111 a little over a year ago. Mine got to the point that it wouldn't move itself on flat land. I don't remember the size, but I found it though the belt finder on the TSC website. It is a royal PIA to change. Probably took me almost 2 hours. Before you change it, check under the clutch pedal. There is an adjustment there. I didn't figure that out until I was putting the new belt on. I still had about half of the adjustment left, so probably didn't need to replace it.

·
fixer of the john deere
53 Posts
i need to replace the spindle bearings on my 111,i already have the bearings and have replaced the blades and belts are the bearings difficult to replace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts