My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am working on tearing my 111 apart and I am at a stand still. On the bottom of the motor there are 2 pulleys. I got the first pulley off but the second I dont know how to get it off. The reason this is a problem is because without it coming off the motor can not be pulled off the frame. The first pulley was on and then a spring with a metal shaft and the the second pulley at the top. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, there is a snap ring and key holding on the pulley. A quick look at a parts listing diagram should also help you out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm not mistaken, there is a snap ring and key holding on the pulley. A quick look at a parts listing diagram should also help you out.
Thank you I will defiantly check that out. One problem I am facing with this project is the tractor has the wrong motor on it. It has a 12hp Tecumseh motor on it when it should have a 11hp Briggs and Stratton.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I still believe there is a snap ring and key holding that pulley on. You'll need a snap rings pliers to get it off.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I just pulled a 11 horse briggs off a 111 and there wasn't a snap ring, once I removed the bolt from the end of the shaft the pto clutch just fell off and by prying up on the block I was able to get the drive pulley loose and then off. Funny thing is... I used the briggs to replace a 12hp OHV Tecumseh that I finally gave up on

·
Registered
259 Posts
if its a older 111 there is NO snap ring,probably just rusted on,see if u can get a puller in there,mine usually fall off too,i've had 7 of these little guys,real good mowers!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts