My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
john deer 111
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased this john deere 111 tractor with snow blower attachment ,my serial number for the tractor is C111J-132459M and the serial number on the snow blower is G321H 400721 M i am haveing a hard time finding the correct belt for the snowblower attachment and the v belt inder pulley for the drive belt on the tractor itself ,does anybody know what year this tractor is ,any information is appreciated

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
underpressure, just looking at your video it seems to me the rotation of the snowblower is turning in the wrong direction. The way it turns as per the video will keep pushing snow out ahead of the bucket and not up the chute.:banghead3
nice catch and unless the video is just playing in reverse, that thing isn't going to throw a drop of snow...

and unless it is at less than full throttle the auger moves MUCH slower than mine...

???

FWIW -- when you get it fixed you will be amazed at how well it throws snow!!

·
john deer 111
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it spins very fast my phone camera took a bad video of it ,i will check the belt routing to make sure it is right

·
Murph
1,930 Posts
underpressure, just looking at your video it seems to me the rotation of the snowblower is turning in the wrong direction. The way it turns as per the video will keep pushing snow out ahead of the bucket and not up the chute.:banghead3

That's called a polish snow blower......;)

·
john deer 111
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was also wondering if it would be worth the time to remove the auger to sand the rust off and paint it so it will nice and smooth ,my luck it will snow the day after i get it taken apart

·
Registered
199 Posts
was also wondering if it would be worth the time to remove the auger to sand the rust off and paint it so it will nice and smooth ,my luck it will snow the day after i get it taken apart
lol i was just going to ask if you have used it yet !! i have mine on just wasnt sure how it worked i have herd several people say the 111 wasnt good with the blower

Attachments

·
john deer 111
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im not sure just waiting patiently for it to snow i got my whole set up for 300 bucks with a deck that was in excellent condition and he had all the parts to hook it up properly ,only time will tell if the snowblower works or not ,but rest assured i will make my wife video record it when i do get some snow lol

·
john deer 111
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im looking for a bigger deere tractor like a 212 model plenty around me but out of my price range for a project

·
john deer 111
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i give up its never gonna snow here in michigan ,im having an anxiety attack waiting for the white stuff to hit the ground

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,948 Posts
Hey Underpressure!
I was just looking at the video you shot back in September (I too am waiting for a big dump of snow, so I'm checking all the snowblower threads), and you know, on those front shots, I DO think your blower is running backwards (unless you've made some changes since then)... When you look at the auger, it should look like each end is "screwing" inward toward the paddle (so that it brings the snow toward the paddle) then the paddle "dish" fills with snow and force it up and out of the chute... When/if you get a big dump of snow, if you fire up the blower and get snow flying out the ends of the blower, you'll know for sure... At that point, what you're going to need to do is change how your belt runs from the blower, over your mule drive, and back to the blower... This sounds a bit odd, but the first time I put my blower on, it took me about 4 tries AND a whole lotta help before I got it right.... Here's my belt routing thread:

And here's the exact post where Herd of Deere's walks me SLOWLY through what I need to do to make it work right!

I'm pretty sure your 111 is set up with the same belt and mule drive arrangement as my 160... If you're really strapped for tractor-y stuff to do while you wait for snow, try going out and messing with the belt on your mule drive! Its good practice, 'cause EVERY time I put my blower on, I have to reread the above post so I can remember which way it goes over the mule drive (right to left or left to right...).

·
john deer 111
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i will check it again ,threw some paper balls into the auger and they came out the chute ,but i will make sure ,i have a new belt that finally came in for it so i will be changing it anyways ,thanks for the link i will double check the routing of the belt

1 - 20 of 26 Posts