My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find out some information for a relative about the 2155. He says it runs fine, the loader works, but the tractor won't move and the rear PTO doesn't work. It happened all of a sudden. This is a two wheel drive model. Is there a filter, valve or clutch that would cause this?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
There are a couple of transmission options that can make a difference in what could cause this. Is it equipped with a reverser? That would mean a lever on the left side of steering wheel to shuttle between forward and reverse. Does it have a HI-LO? Does it have independent pto or a 2 stage clutch? I am guessing a bad clutch or broken transmission shaft or stripped splines, but there are other possibilities.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
On a reverser, the clutch in the flywheel is a pto clutch, and it also drives the reverser clutches and oil pump. I think you need to split the tractor between engine and clutch housing. The problem has to be the clutch, or splines stripped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information, I'll pass it on. Sounds like loads of fun. What else should be done while they are in there?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It would be a good idea to replace the rear crankshaft seal and also it might be smart to remove the forward clutch to inspect it and install new seals. The reverse clutch is a different split - between the clutch housing and the transmission housing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, when I told him he would have to split it he said "no problem", he has done that on other tractors many times. I really appreciate the information. We are not all that far from you. We are up in Western Loudoun County.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts