My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last week after a lot of annoyance trying to rent a trailer i finally got the tractor home.it is a Jim Dandy with a serial number that places it from 1974.it came with a 48 inch belly mower with new belts,a scrape blade,harrow,turn plow,chisel plow,a set of lawn tires, the extensions to mount dual rear tires.
it has 16 inch ag tires on it, a kohler of unknown h.p.,hydraulics and a 3 point hitch.i paid 1200 dollars for it.i think i did well as the tractor is not bent/beat up ,mainly scratched paint and the tires have only minor cracking(less than 1/2 inch).
it finally stopped raining yesterday long enough for the yard to dry out a bit.so i went out to the barn and :Dfired the tractor up and went at it.it took some adjusting of throttle ,choke and deck height to get it just right.after a bit the dandy went thru the knee high grass without choking down.after about 45 minutes of fun a large thunderstorm came up and i parked the Dandy under the carport.:D

·
Banned
2 Posts
last week after a lot of annoyance trying to rent a trailer i finally got the tractor home.it is a Jim Dandy with a serial number that places it from 1974.it came with a 48 inch belly mower with new belts,a scrape blade,harrow,turn plow,chisel plow,a set of lawn tires, the extensions to mount dual rear tires.
it has 16 inch ag tires on it, a kohler of unknown h.p.,hydraulics and a 3 point hitch.i paid 1200 dollars for it.i think i did well as the tractor is not bent/beat up ,mainly scratched paint and the tires have only minor cracking(less than 1/2 inch).
it finally stopped raining yesterday long enough for the yard to dry out a bit.so i went out to the barn and :Dfired the tractor up and went at it.it took some adjusting of throttle ,choke and deck height to get it just right.after a bit the dandy went thru the knee high grass without choking down.after about 45 minutes of fun a large thunderstorm came up and i parked the Dandy under the carport.:D

congrats glad it works well.. Now wheres the pics

1 - 3 of 3 Posts