My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WALTMART
198 Posts
How far away and what kind of terrain are you taking about, woods, rolling, hilly, or mountainous. Just kinda curious, THANKS

·
Registered
120 Posts
the jeje antenna sounds a lot like an endorsement.

I have been OTA now for 3 years. It has been a learning experience. As the previous reply terrain is everything.
I suggest tv fool dot com to get started.

what I learned
what ever they claim divide by 4
boosters do not work they boost the garbage as well.
if your not getting a signal then your either terrain challenged or your not aiming it right.
not all smart phones work with a compass app.
tv is line of sight
Before mounting the antenna move it about. I moved mine 12 feet closer and 4 feet to the west and everything is peachy now. had to buy a tripod mount for the roof.
antennas do not have to be expensive. My neighbor is using the first one I ever built for his 65 inch 4k tv. I have about 4 bucks in it.
if nothing else works get a new transformer. 300 ohm to coax.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Those antenne's are sold by many companies, and I got one when they first came out. Was great when it was new but it has worn out. Rotor is stripped but it still picks up some stations. I use it as a backup. A larger antenne is below it on a pole and it's above it on the same pole, and switch it with a cable tv/ antenne switch.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Just wanted to show my antenna nest,which is 75ft. up a cedar tree.I have 4 antennas aiming at two tower complexes (sacramento 85mi.& san Francisco 140mi.) Three antennas are modified, with longer VHF sections, and are about 16 ft long.The smallest is 91XG,about 8 ft. long.One antennas weakness, is anothers strength. But if I could only keep one ,it would be 91XG,superior design.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,087 Posts
Well I ordered one o' those to give it a whirl (hehe), the non-amplified one I have up now is at the limits of just barely pulling a strong enough signal.

Needs assembly and a trip to the roof...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I've had the jeje antenna (but under a different brand) for about 5 or 6 years now. I'm at 600ft elevation in a single floor ranch house.

I put the antenna on a Dish Network 10ft pole that was mounted to the peak of the roof, and then extended that another 20ft up. It's pointed towards Boston, MA, which is approximately 50 miles away, and receiving 50+ channels (some are redundant). Height was the key for good signal.

·
Premium Member
6,087 Posts
Yeah mine says 'Vansky' on the box but they're clearly the sam ting... Kinda limited to how high I can go right now because of how the mast is mounted and where, and also it's carrying some weather station sensors too. Project for another day: Dedicated pole on the north side with better line of sight and some altitude.

Right now it's just a standard and fairly small UHF/VHF stick-type, so we'll see what happens.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts