My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
13,990 hours??????? Has it ever been shut off?? Let see at that rate you have the most dependable machine known to man....... I thought my 1,075 hours were a lot on a 1986 tractor......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good Lord thats a lot of hours.
Are you sure you dont mean 1399.0 hours?

Thats a 2000 model by the way.
yes sorry i ment 1399 hours (is that alot of hours?) and what do u think of it? i am looking to buy it, runs good and comes with a bagger unit for it. hes asking 2500$ canadian

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
It looks pretty good. The deck could use some love this winter.

When you mentioned what you paid for it last night, I did not realize you were a Cannuck. Was that CDN funds? If so, you did very well. Canadians are always complaining of how expensive JDs are up yonder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It looks pretty good. The deck could use some love this winter.

When you mentioned what you paid for it last night, I did not realize you were a Cannuck. Was that CDN funds? If so, you did very well. Canadians are always complaining of how expensive JDs are up yonder.

oh really, yeah i talked him down to 2200$ i have not paid yet but i will tomorrow i just want to make sure everything is good, so during the winter take the deck off sand and re-paint it would be a good idea? i will record some videos of cutting lawns too for utube or something

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
oh really, yeah i talked him down to 2200$ i have not paid yet but i will tomorrow i just want to make sure everything is good, so during the winter take the deck off sand and re-paint it would be a good idea? i will record some videos of cutting lawns too for utube or something
Well, it doesn''t look terrible, but as part of your baseline maintenance we were talking about, inspecting and packing the spindle bearings, greasing the driveshaft, and lubing the gearbox are good ideas. While you have it all apart, you might as well take care of that rust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, it doesn''t look terrible, but as part of your baseline maintenance we were talking about, inspecting and packing the spindle bearings, greasing the driveshaft, and lubing the gearbox are good ideas. While you have it all apart, you might as well take care of that rust.
what would be the highest price to pay for this machine with a bagger in the condition it is in?

·
Super Moderator
32,732 Posts
I wouldn't think that $3,200 - $3,500 would be too out of line for that setup. So I'd say you're getting a really good deal!

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Sounds like avery good deal JD. But....only you can really tell since you are the one actually checking it out. Take a good look and test drive for sure! :thThumbsU

1 - 20 of 24 Posts