My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Kinda cool to see that thing is getting a little bit of use! Anyhow...

The original attachment is a .ZIP file that contains an MS Excel workbook (version 2003 I think). However, is does not contain color/trim/options info.

Looks like you got it to work via Google.

If you want it local, don't have something that can read Excel files, but know how to import a .CSV file into another application so you can make your own spreadsheet, here is a CSV Format File in a ZIP file but it also contains the Toro models. It was originally posted In This Thread.. It is not as "cleaned-up" as the Excel version, but has all of the raw data.

I can try and convert the Excel version to another format if you let me know what you're after (ie. PDF).

- Jon

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
if ya could put it into pdf that'd be super
thanks,,
pete
Pete,

I just did a print from Excel to a PDF file, so it doesn't have the filters/controls, but it contains text characters (instead of all graphics) so you can still do text searches...

Here's a PDF version: View attachment LBMowers.pdf

Here's the same thing, but with the legend appearing at the top of each page (some like it that way): View attachment LBMowers_wlegend.pdf

I don't know any PDF kung-fu, so I hope that works well enough for you :trink39: .

Crap... Now you've got me thinking about how to make spreadsheet version 2.

Combining what you referenced with bits from the reference sheets back to 1950 would be cool. Problem with some of the docs for the older stuff (ie. engine quick reference.pdf) is that they are scanned and not very good OCR candidates and I'm too lazy to retype it. Might have to do some more digging for raw data...

Of course, one of the key issues for which I have not found a solution is superseded part numbers; unless the old reference docs (listing many years/models together) have been updated, one has to lookup the current part number using the online catalog anyways.

- Jon

·
Lawn-Boys Everywhere
1,406 Posts
Can't wait to see it... #1 spreadsheet looks great!

Crap... Now you've got me thinking about how to make spreadsheet version 2.

Combining what you referenced with bits from the reference sheets back to 1950 would be cool. Problem with some of the docs for the older stuff (ie. engine quick reference.pdf) is that they are scanned and not very good OCR candidates and I'm too lazy to retype it. Might have to do some more digging for raw data...

Of course, one of the key issues for which I have not found a solution is superseded part numbers; unless the old reference docs (listing many years/models together) have been updated, one has to lookup the current part number using the online catalog anyways.

- Jon

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
open office will open xls files it's free to download but quite big.

glad to find this now I can look up the lawn boy I just bought!:fing32:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.