My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just for S&G's, here's a fairly condensed version in MS Excel, albeit a bit ugly. It's one landscape page wide (8 pt Arial font) by about 34 pages long.

View attachment 77542

Short-hand references abound, so if someone likes full narratives, that isn't it... the goal was condensed.
  • There's a legend on the top of the first page for most of the column abbreviations.
  • The "Product Name" and "Product Series" columns have been condensed into one "Product Type", with any redundant information from other columns (size, deck type, etc.) eliminated. Some is calculated and stuffed. A few got fixed (ex: Described as an "M-Series" but has an "F" engine? I don't think so...) This is just an "informative", non-gospel column as L-B varied the consistency of what it put in those fields across the years.
  • I noticed that within the same model code, but across different years, the same fields are not always filled in. This is the same as on L-B's site. Sometimes, one has to look at an earlier year for a model to get the specs. Especially with the 2010's.
  • If you want to double-check anything, all of the data comes from the Lawn-Boy Support page, enter a model #, click [Search], pick a year/serial # range if offered, click [Product Details], then click the little [print] icon; the data in the pop-up ("printer-friendly" version) is what was captured (same as for the original .csv file).
  • Didn't get around to writing a custom sort function to keep bases model numbers together with those with alpha suffixes.
  • Column auto-filter is already turned on. Rows heights set to auto as some near the end had a plethora of codes in engine type, etc.
  • Came across a few L-B published lists that are either similar, or with even more options info. However, they were usually limited to, say, 195x-1988 or something. I'm still thinking Toro/L-B either has, or can quickly generate, an even better and more detailed version of what we've done but across all model years (maybe even pre-1956)
  • From an earlier post, I'm now wondering about Canadian models. Are any in there (spreadsheet)? If there is Canadian Warranty info (on the L-B website), does that really mean anything related to its origins?
-Jon

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,931 Posts
Excellent post by Jon regarding Lawn-Boy Model Number Logic.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
holy spreadtsheet Batman. Nice work.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,763 Posts
didnt work
I tried that file mentioned and it says someone was using it at the time and could not be opened or the option was changing the name and opening it. It finally did open to a spreadsheet but there was nothing on it. Anyway, could be a problem with the file. At any rate the Foxit reader still does the same as Adobe. Regardless which one you use, I don't think there is anything wrong with them.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i dunno, i couldnt get it to poen
that was the spec sheet with, motor size&color? if i'm not mistaken
or was that a different thread?

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,763 Posts
I'm not sure, I don't visit this thread very often, but I see JDM_WV was on today, and I imagine he will be here tommorow or sometime and see this and can let you know, sorry.

·
Administrator
20,931 Posts
Worked for me, both links.

I clicked on the LBmowers xls.zip link. It downloaded to my computer. I clicked on the file, it was a zip file. I clicked on "open" and it opened up in my Exel program.

If you don't have Exel, you could download to your computer, then go to Google documents and upload to their spreadsheet program. That might work fine.

This may or may not work. I downloaded file, opened it, saved it, and uploaded to Google Documents. Click Here.

Somebody try the link and see if it works.

·
Smells Like Lawn-Boy
207 Posts
Works just fine. Google Docs even preserved the formatting.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
just clicked it, seems to work
cant find the far rightside where it described color&trim?
theses docs,zips,etc...always confuse me

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
i hadda walk away from it.
couldnt find a converter,
i'dve thought some of the pdf type programs would've converted it

·
Administrator
20,931 Posts
Well, I am not seeing color/trim on the original or on the Google doc.

First thing, you download the file to your computer. It is a "ZIP" file. That has to be opened up. When you double click it it should just open itself into a spreadsheet file, .xls. That opens with Exel.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
what if i dont have excel?

or.... is it possible i've seen another type of sheet with same specs?
i had read one from here, and it stated model, year, engine, & on far right of page color of mower

·
Administrator
20,931 Posts
If you don't have exel, you can click the link that I posted. It takes you to a Google spreadsheet where you can read it. It's about 37 pages long, but quite detailed. You could even print it if you prefer to have for reference.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.