My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I just traded my JD 350R for a Z545R .. this is my first ever zero turn, received it yesterday and trying to get a handle on the steering, it's a change thats for sure :)

But I noticed that when I push both handlebars forward, they dont line up, look like this .. is this normal ?

Thanks for any help

IMG_3842.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,362 Posts
From my experience with them, they can be like that. Some models may have a way to adjust the controls so they are even, but I haven't had a problem using them when they aren't. It's more important that the neutral setting is good (that the machine doesn't creep when parked), then it's nice that the max speed is pretty even when both controls are all the way forward (this is typically adjustable, but can take some time to do the adjustment/test/repeat cycle to get it right).

·
Registered
49 Posts
As mentioned above it is possible for them to be a little off. I don't really look at them when I drive. Mostly I drive be feel. As mentioned they can be adjustable. If the small amount doesn't bother you, you should be fine.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In your owners manual, read the "adjusting tracking" section. It's easy to adjust, Check deck adjustment and air pressure too, every dealer says your mower is ready to go, but most aren't.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi

I just traded my JD 350R for a Z545R .. this is my first ever zero turn, received it yesterday and trying to get a handle on the steering, it's a change thats for sure :)

But I noticed that when I push both handlebars forward, they dont line up, look like this .. is this normal ?
I just purchased a Z515E and at the dealer I noticed the same thing. The dealer said that that handle bars not lining up is intentional to reduce the risk of getting your fingers or hands stuck between the 2 bars.

I pick mine up next week. This will be my first zero turn as well. Glad to hear it doesn't take long to get used to it.

I have heard that zero turns are not great on slopes. I read that the Z500's are rated for slopes up to 15 degrees. Any sloped areas on your property?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts