My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't think I would be much more pleased with how easy the 48x mower deck and 48" snow blade are to install and remove. Ease of implement changing was my number one criteria when I upgraded my tractor and I must say I have not been disappointed.

In years past there was been dread, language, and frustration; combined with my 15-30 minutes to reinstall the deck, 1-1/2 hours to switch between mower deck and snow blade and 1-1/2 to 2 hours for the reverse I have always hated implement changes.

With the x500 I now can:
  • Install the deck in under 5 minutes.
  • De-install the deck in under 3 minutes.
  • Install the snow blade in under 3 minutes.
  • De-install the snow blade in 2-1/2 Minutes.
And these times are without rushing.

Perhaps other brands and models of similarly priced tractors are just as easy, I do not know. My previous tractor of 8 years was a 2003/2004 GT5000 and it is my only first-hand point of reference.

And when assisted by the Snow Blade Dollie (http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=210130) and Mower Deck Dollie assemblies I fabricated (http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=213750), movement from storage to tractor is only an extra minute or two.

We often times focus on the poor quality and bad design items and forget to acknowledge the good. I think JD deserves kudos for a job well done. :trink39:

I had reason to install and de-install both twice over the past couple of weeks and was compelled to pass it along.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I can't say anything about the blade but the mower deck is one of the easiest i've ever removed. :thThumbsU

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
JD attachment change out is the best IMO. slkpk

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,550 Posts
The deck is certainly easy enough. Good to know that when a blade eventually shows up in the garage that it's pretty easy too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.