My Tractor Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
261 - 271 of 271 Posts

·
Have Dog - Will Travel
5,601 Posts
Are these attachments, implements, toys, or tools?

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes, I purchaset one also. I tried both holes and didn't notice any difference in size but use the bottom hole mostly. I just used it the other day to lift my mower and put my home made tires on for winter storage
TSC seems to have changed what they sell. Here is the picture of what you bought:
TCS.Old.Boom.jpg

Here is what TSC shows on their webpage:
TSC.Boom.Pole.JPG

Notice the differences? You have two connecting loops near the end of the pole, your pole has an upward bend and yours has 2 upper link holes. None of that is on the current poles.
Here is their revised boom pole mounted on the JD and trying to lift a 7-iron deck.
7-iron.wheels-01.JPG

You can see that it did lift it off the ground, but just barely and I have the mower deck secured very close to the end of the pole. I've seen other pictures posted here where the deck is not only off the ground but there is a come-along between the mower deck and the boom attachment point. IMO, TSC is offering a cheaper boom pole at the same old price.

·
MTF mile high club member
5,919 Posts
Here is their revised boom pole mounted on the JD and trying to lift a 7-iron deck.
View attachment 253723

You can see that it did lift it off the ground, but just barely and I have the mower deck secured very close to the end of the pole. I've seen other pictures posted here where the deck is not only off the ground but there is a come-along between the mower deck and the boom attachment point. IMO, TSC is offering a cheaper boom pole at the same old price.
Just out of curiosity, how did you have your top link set?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how did you have your top link set?
I shortened it as much as I could. Initially I had it maybe midway and, to my surprise, I could not lift the mower completely off the ground. I was dumb founded because I had seen many of the posts and I bought, what I thought was the same boom pole from TSC. I have a 6' sling I use. Each end loop goes nicely over the wheel on each side of the mower as well as the end loop on the pole. I figured, hey, this is good. I tried to lift the mower again, this time with the top link shortened and it came closer but still no ground clearance. Now I'm trying to remember where I left the receipt for this silly thing. Then I slipped the sling under the two deck hanger brackets in the center of the mower. That shortened the distance enough between the deck and the pole to actually get it off the ground.

I have tried to find a boom pole like the other ones shown in the thread but haven't had any luck. As far as I can tell, TSC is the only distributor for the CountryLine products.

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
I shortened it as much as I could. Initially I had it maybe midway and, to my surprise, I could not lift the mower completely off the ground. I was dumb founded because I had seen many of the posts and I bought, what I thought was the same boom pole from TSC. I have a 6' sling I use. Each end loop goes nicely over the wheel on each side of the mower as well as the end loop on the pole. I figured, hey, this is good. I tried to lift the mower again, this time with the top link shortened and it came closer but still no ground clearance. Now I'm trying to remember where I left the receipt for this silly thing. Then I slipped the sling under the two deck hanger brackets in the center of the mower. That shortened the distance enough between the deck and the pole to actually get it off the ground.

I have tried to find a boom pole like the other ones shown in the thread but haven't had any luck. As far as I can tell, TSC is the only distributor for the CountryLine products.
TSC offers two versions of the boom pole. One of them is rated for heavier loads and the attachment point for the top link is in a different place than on the lighter version. Someone else had the same problem on here and took theirs back and exchanged it for the lighter one. The heavier one seems to be for a SCUT or CUT that sits higher off the ground and has more lifting capacity. Check out their website, maybe you can see the difference and determine which one you have.

·
Registered
307 Posts
You're right, they do. I went out to the TSC webpage and did a search on "boom pole" Here are the two that came up:

tsc.heavy.boom.pole.JPG TSC.Boom.Pole.JPG

It is the one on the right that I ordered. I did notice though that the heavy duty one is a King Kutter and not a CountryLine.

To be honest, neither of them look like the ones on this thread. :dunno: I did go out and measure the length of mine. I measured from the end directly to the support sticking up near the bend.

TSC.Boom.Measurement.JPG

I measured 71". Your only comparable spot would be just past the bend and I suspect yours is longer. If the weather gets better I'll measure just how high the end of the pole is when up all the way.

If I was good at welding I could fix it but I'm not that good. :(

·
Super Moderator
15,183 Posts
You're right, they do. I went out to the TSC webpage and did a search on "boom pole" Here are the two that came up:

View attachment 253861 View attachment 253862

It is the one on the right that I ordered. I did notice though that the heavy duty one is a King Kutter and not a CountryLine.

To be honest, neither of them look like the ones on this thread. :dunno: I did go out and measure the length of mine. I measured from the end directly to the support sticking up near the bend.

View attachment 253866

I measured 71". Your only comparable spot would be just past the bend and I suspect yours is longer. If the weather gets better I'll measure just how high the end of the pole is when up all the way.

If I was good at welding I could fix it but I'm not that good. :(
Mine is the one on the right and it measures about 68" from the end to the bend. I was trying to find my reciept to verify the part number but it's definately County Line.

261 - 271 of 271 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.