Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 271 Posts

·
MTF mile high club member
5,919 Posts
Congrats DP!!!!!
:trink39:

Congrats! How long was your search and during that time how many were available?
I've been looking for about a year and there hasn't been many available in this area; they all seemed to be priced like new, look like they went through WWIII, or part of a big package that the owner didn't want to split up (even though I would do the wrenching). Just when I was about to give up and order a new one, this popped up; it was on a 2010 2wd tractor with 200hrs and only small rear wheel weights for ballast so it had a pretty easy life. :)

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Great find! I don't know how you slept last night. I would have been in the garage with that new loader!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Will your cab be compatable?

·
5,919 Posts
Great find! I don't know how you slept last night. I would have been in the garage with that new loader!
It was tough, but needed some zzz after a couple of long days!

Will your cab be compatable?
No, but I'm fine with that since I can't really think of any winter loader projects that will take more than a few minutes. I'll be putting the loader on the '07 (with bucket regen kit) and keeping the other rig on designated snow blower/blade duty with the cab. :rauch10:

·
Registered
326 Posts
DP, your gonna love the loader! When I got mine, I had a specific project for it right away, now I use it for all kinds of jobs. I haven't touched a wheelbarrow since!!!! :trink39:

·
Registered
666 Posts
DP, your gonna love the loader! When I got mine, I had a specific project for it right away, now I use it for all kinds of jobs. I haven't touched a wheelbarrow since!!!! :trink39:
How true it is... Congrats, best tool I own.

·
5,919 Posts
Can't wait to neglect the wheelbarrow. I've been putting off a landscaping project with hopes of finding a loader. :trink39:

How true it is... Congrats, best tool I own.

Here's proof that it's mounted to the tractor (and a little fun moving snow)...

Now it's time to wash the salt spray off from the road trip.

·
5,919 Posts
Nice setup DP!!!

Really nice DP. How long does it take to mount?
About 30 minutes initially to put the cross bar through the frame; when they're brand new, there's an additional alignment procedure (loosening some hardware so it can adjust to the tractor), but I was able to bypass that as it fit right on the first time exactly where it should be. Now that the bar is in there, it's literally only 2 minutes to put it on or take it off (faster than putting a quick hitch and blade/blower/broom on the front). :drunkie:

·
Registered
326 Posts
You are right DP, on or off in 2 minutes. Very fast when you consider this is a full-on loader! One thing you will notice is that the loader quick couplers tend to drip when off the tractor. I lay the hose bundle over the cross bar and slip a big zip-loc Baggie over the couplers to keep the hyd oil off the concrete floor. :thThumbsU

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,156 Posts
That's a good looking set-up!

·
Registered
326 Posts
This past fall, after a lot of seat time relocating delivered mulch from the driveway to the garden, I took this shot. One of my favorites!

·
5,919 Posts
You are right DP, on or off in 2 minutes. Very fast when you consider this is a full-on loader! One thing you will notice is that the loader quick couplers tend to drip when off the tractor. I lay the hose bundle over the cross bar and slip a big zip-loc Baggie over the couplers to keep the hyd oil off the concrete floor. :thThumbsU
Looks great DP!!!
That's a good looking set-up!
:thanku:

This past fall, after a lot of seat time relocating delivered mulch from the driveway to the garden, I took this shot. One of my favorites!
Nice night shot. :trink39:

·
Registered
666 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Anyone ever use alumaforks on their 45 loaders?

http://www.paynesforks.com/alum.html
Forks came in. Took a quick cell phone photo after opening them. I'll take better shots of them mounted on the machine soon. I also picked up some industrial pallet rack shelving for storage. Should be interesting to see how they work.

·
5,919 Posts
Forks came in. Took a quick cell phone photo after opening them. I'll take better shots of them mounted on the machine soon. I also picked up some industrial pallet rack shelving for storage. Should be interesting to see how they work.
It's been a couple of weeks. Have you tried them out?

·
Registered
666 Posts
It's been a couple of weeks. Have you tried them out?
With all the snow, have not had much time. However, I did mount them and use them to move some items, the cross support arm is key. The fork set up works great. The clamp is directly over the v groove in the bottom of the bucket. So, there is added support. I will take more photos, but here is another cell phone shot.

241 - 260 of 271 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.