My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one of these they would be willing to e-mail me? Or does anyone know where I can get one? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts
every year these were made... they had a new manual.. the STX stood for.... Suburban Tractor eXpermental.. they made a lotta changes to these.. some had black decks while others had yellow decks.. first ones out had 12 hp then 12.5 & some had 13.. then some later ones had the hydro tranny...& a bigger deck with a 15 hp .. 38 inch on first...then a 46 was added

they used 3 diff gear trannies in these.. so if u go to JD...take ur serial #### with u

the hoods on these were the weak point...the mount usually busted the hood in a lotta pcs.. the louvers in hood also made it weaker..

I have a manual for one in my shop somewhere... contack me in a PM if u need something looked up...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I suppose I should have been a little more specific. I have actually acquired 2 of these mowers. Both have hoods that are intact and have no damage, and both also have the yellow decks. One runs perfectly, however the other one does not. The guy sold the second mower to me as a "parts mower" for $25, lol. I'm confident I can get it running, or just actually use it as a parts mower for the one that runs so well. Both have 5-speed transmissions as well.

I had just found some old dead threads about guys passing around a PDF version of the owners manual, and I just wanted to see if anyone still had one readily available on their PC to email me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the self-bump, but does anyone out there know where I can find one of these? I would rather have a PDF version, I dont "need" a manual bad enough to purchase a hard copy, I would just like a PDF for curiosity purposes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I've checked there, and unless I missed something...it isn't available through them. I can find the correct manual for the STX38, but it doesn't have a clickable link, which from what I understand means they don't offer in in PDF...only hard copy purchase.

If nobody has it, then I don't want to run this thread into the ground, but like I said...I had just found a dead thread where people were passing this file around, and I just wanted to see if anyone who participated in that was still active on the site and willing to e-mail it to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts