My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a JX75 John Deere push mower. Thinking of getting one this spring. :smilie_fl

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Thats a lot of money for a push mower.Curiuos seargent will you be using it as a trim mower?With your tractors why do you want such an expensive walk behing?I never owned a self propelled but feel they would not be very handy as a trim mower.I have a Yardman push mower my neighbor thought it was a John Deere LOL.

·
Super Moderator
16,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well JD I have some areas on my property were I can't use any of my tractors because of fences and such and My craftsman push mower which has been on it's last legs since the day I bought it new 3 years ago and my wife want's a self propelled since she does most of the trimming and my JD dealer can get me a good price on it plus I'm using a friend JD discount who is JD employee with the credit dept on top of the deal that dealer has offered me. I try to avoid using the push mowers anyways as my wife calls me the push mower destroyer. :)

·
1,124 Posts
I have a Lawn Boy push mower, model 8480, which was made in 1986. It's been great, best push mower I've ever owned. I have several of the MTDs, Murrays, etc. but I'll take my LB over any of those. It makes push mowing easier than those less expensive models. And as for as self-propelled ones, I'd never like them, that is, until I picked this LB up.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,425 Posts
I gotta agree with Johndeere in that it sure is a lot of money for a walk behind trimming mower. I've been trying to save up for a Deere JS63C which is still expensive but a lot cheaper than the model you are looking at. I currently use a MTD box store special push mower which works, but I'm not real happy with because I supply the push. I had a nice Deere 21" self propelled that I bought new back in 1980, and bent the crank on it a couple of years ago by hitting a tree stump I didn't see. I really don't know if the aluminum deck is worth the extra $300 for the JX75 vs. the front swivel wheels of the JS63C. And I don't bag, so that feature is not something I need. Was there something special you saw in the JX75 that you really liked vs. a different mower?

·
Super Moderator
16,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Joe it's what the wife wants But as far as cost I will spend less for this mower than the JA62 which is $609.00 Buy using My friend's discount plus what the dealers taking off already another reason I'm willing to spend the money the wife is finally Becoming a Power equipment Nut like Me. She want's to trade her(my) Cub 2206 in for a 2500 series tractor so that is why I'm shutting my mouth about the price of the Push mower :fing32:

·
Registered
415 Posts
I like the Cub

This will be my fourth year owning this SP bagging mower. It has been a great trim mower. If she likes Cubs...

I think I got this one for around $420.00, but I like that Deere too.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,425 Posts
If you can get that much of a discount, go for it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts