My Tractor Forum banner

101 - 102 of 102 Posts

·
Professional Homeowner
7,402 Posts
All brands and all models have some sort of design flaw/quirk. There is no perfect brand or model. Pick what brand/model you think is best, and someone else will tell you what’s wrong with it the manufacturer should have done different. It could be a fluke, maintenance issue, bad design, or chronic problem.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
In response to Redneck, RT3360.
Ok, maybe it's not a clear cut design flaw, but does it happen to JDs too? I mean John Deere owners may use dirty cans too. So maybe Kubota fuel lines are too narrow? I don't know. Has anybody have this problem with John Deere tractors?
It's really not a design flaw, if one does as they are suppose to and only put in clean fresh fuel it won't happen. If you don't it won't matter what color the machine is. Fuel storage systems need maintenance to! Usually an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure when it comes to fuel and their storage systems. I give my storage cans, gas and diesel a visual inspection a few times a year. I'm fussy about where I buy fuel. I don't store my cans out in the weather. I repair or replace any can that has compromised sealing properties.

The green or orange thing,,,,, both are good machines. I bought a new sub compact last year drove both and put a BX23S in the shed next to my JD, I just liked the Kubota better, I liked the dealer better, I liked the fact that the Kubota dealer is 10 miles away and the JD dealer is over 40 miles away. 260 hours later I'm still happy with the Kubota.

101 - 102 of 102 Posts