My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best online JD parts sources? I've got a small list developing for my 828D snowblower and GT225 and I've come across greenfarmparts.com, greenpartsstore.com, and keepingitgreen.com. Any I'm missing? I'm sure I am. Leaf season is coming quick and I'd like to place this order soon and rather not spend to much time comparison shopping. If it gets a good recommendation from this site, that's good enough for me.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
keepinitgreen is a site sponsor :fing32: I ordered a couple things from them before no complaints. I usually just go to the local dealer since prices are fixed.

·
Registered
618 Posts
What are the best online JD parts sources?
greenfarmparts.com, greenpartsstore.com, and keepingitgreen.com.
nysff,
You're pretty well covered with this list. As k91 stated prices are fixed,so it really doesn't matter who you deal with.
I've used greenpartsstore for a ton of parts for my 316,no problems. One thing to consider. When you use JD's online parts site,you can check to see if your contact dealer has it in their inventory when you put it in the shopping cart.:fing32:

Greg

·
Registered
346 Posts
I pretty much only use my local dealer, I do take the printout from JDParts with me as well-and on the very few occasions where they tried to charge more I used the printout to my advantage:fing32:

·
Registered
948 Posts
keepinitgreen is a site sponsor :fing32: I ordered a couple things from them before no complaints. I usually just go to the local dealer since prices are fixed.
I have found some items are priced the same, but when I got the SE seat and mounting kit for my X540, Keeping It Green saved me more than $75 over any of the local dealers, and that was with paying for the shipping. So, I think it may depend on what you are buying.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about the issue of prices being fixed. I've checked a number of parts at both JDParts for pick up at the local dealer and some of the online sources and the online sources are less. Looks to be about 10% less for the items I checked.

I don't exactly how the parts cost, shipping, tax works out, but it's probably close either way. I personally like the convenience of working up my parts list, sitting down for a short time at the PC after dinner one night to place my order and having the parts show up at my door. Plus, I'm not in love my local JD dealer. I guess I was spoiled by my local NAPA auto parts back in my high school and college days working on cars. Great group of guys, friendly, always willing to help on parts, a little troubleshooting help if they could offer it as well. I don't get much help at all from local JD dealer, except removing money from my wallet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts