My Tractor Forum banner

JD LT155 Snow attachment

1203 11
Hello,
Been digging through the forums here to try to find an answer and not sure I found one yet. I have a LT155 and looking to see if there is a snow blower that can be put on it. There are a few used ones that are GX0422X models that appear to work with 100 series, but I'm not sure if that includes the LT155 or not. I'm not looking for a blade and hoping that this model would find on mine. Anyone able to find a blower that fits on the LT155?

Thanks.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
There are some out there. The blower is pretty much the same I believe as the 100 series. Just the frame brackets are different, as is the pulley assembly. I have to say, it sure doesn't work that well because the axle and steering isn't designed for that much weight. It doesn't want to steer with the blower on the ground. That being said, where are you located and how much are you willing to spend for one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to this chart, you can get a blade for the LT155 but not a blower.
The blower for the newer LT series (LT150,160,170,180,190) will fit the older LT's.

I'll send you a Message with some Help on this

According to this chart, you can get a blade for the LT155 but not a blower.
View attachment 2480736
Thanks! Sounds like the GX0422X should work with maybe a little bit of finesse and some weight on the back. Now to find one cheap enough that my wife doesn't kill me LOL. Thanks for the help
Reactions: Trentofdestiny
Do you live anywhere near Deerfield IL? There is one for sale there.
So I ended up buying an older Sabre mower that had this GX0422X that came with it. I ended up using that last year and had no issues. The Sabre was old, so ended up selling that and the LT155 that I had. I ended up with a LA140. On the websites, it shows the 44" version M044SBH that would be the correct version for the LA140. But this GX0422X fits as well. My issue now is that on the Sabre and the LT155, the PTO was the cable and the lever. With the LA140, I only have to pull the button up.

IIRC when I was reading around last year on this, there was a way to use the lever and a different way to us the pull button to engage the PTO. I can't for the life of me find that though. Anyone know how to use the pull button for the 42" Lightning snowblower vs the lever PTO?

Thanks
The instruction manual for the 42" blower has directions on how to set it up for an LT190 meaning electric PTO, so the belts are tight all the time.

So I ended up buying an older Sabre mower that had this GX0422X that came with it. I ended up using that last year and had no issues. The Sabre was old, so ended up selling that and the LT155 that I had. I ended up with a LA140. On the websites, it shows the 44" version M044SBH that would be the correct version for the LA140. But this GX0422X fits as well. My issue now is that on the Sabre and the LT155, the PTO was the cable and the lever. With the LA140, I only have to pull the button up.

IIRC when I was reading around last year on this, there was a way to use the lever and a different way to us the pull button to engage the PTO. I can't for the life of me find that though. Anyone know how to use the pull button for the 42" Lightning snowblower vs the lever PTO?

Thanks
Been searching for that and unable to find it. Any chance you have a link?
The instruction manual for the 42" blower has directions on how to set it up for an LT190 meaning electric PTO, so the belts are tight all the time.

Found the link on the deere website. Old link that I had previous didn't work anymore because they changed their website and where the links point.

Looks like the part i have with the idle pulley is missing the pull chain to tighten that pulley manually. I'll have to see if I can find something to do that, or check with my JD store and order the correct pull chain.

Machines with Electric PTO
MX30650
1. Pull chain (D) to tension upper v-belt until the fifth link of chain is outside of frame. Insert spring locking pin (E) through fifth link in chain.
2. Insert 3/32 in. spring locking pin (F) through fourth link in chain, on inward side of frame.
Been searching for that and unable to find it. Any chance you have a link?
Reactions: Trentofdestiny
I'm in the same boat as you were a couple of years ago. I have an LT155 and the option to buy a snow blower (Log into Facebook ) for $100 but the chart someone listed has me worried that it won't fit.
Did you try installing the blower you purchased with the old Sabre on your LT155? If so, any problems?
The snow blower's manual lists it as OMM141984 I9
Jeff
Hi,
I did try to install it on my LT155. The brackets didn't match up. I probably could have modified it to make it work, but in the end, I ended up selling the LT155 and the 42" snow blower separately buying a LA140 and the 44" blower for that for about the same total price. the 42" fit on the LA140 no problem, but why not upgrade to the 44" since I found one for the same price :D

FYI, the one you have linked from facebook, is not the same model as the one that I have though. The one I had and tried was a 2 stage, not a single stage that you have listed. IIRC, that one will not work for the LT155.
I'm in the same boat as you were a couple of years ago. I have an LT155 and the option to buy a snow blower (Log into Facebook ) for $100 but the chart someone listed has me worried that it won't fit.
Did you try installing the blower you purchased with the old Sabre on your LT155? If so, any problems?
The snow blower's manual lists it as OMM141984 I9
Jeff
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.