My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought and fixed up a lt133. I have mowed 5 times with it since fixing it up. No problems. Engine ran great. Mowed the yard today. No problems. Drive across the street to mow the neighbors yard. The engine started coughing (acting like it was running out of gas) so I turned it off and put some gas in. It didn't take much, so I knew that wasn't the problem. I tried to restart it and now it won't start.

1) Checked the fuel lines. It is getting gas.

2) Not a lot of spark. Seems to be the coil? (if this is the piece that the flywheel magnet goes past. Could be the spark plug wire? And I also read somewhere about the flywheel key.

Any ideas on how to further determine or isolate the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again everyone.

Dan

·
Registered
246 Posts
Try puting a little gas right into the carb, then see if it starts, if it does its probably a stuck float or clog in the carb. If no fire its probably ignition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks...The carb is broken down and in a carb cleaner soak overnight. Float didn't have fuel in it. Bought 2 new gaskets, need to get the bowl o-ring and 2 more gaskets, clean it up, reassemble, cross fingers :praying::praying:and fire it up tomorrow. Also took out the fuel tank and flushed best i could. Anything else I should think about?? Thanks again.

·
Registered
131 Posts
On my LT133, I had fuel to the filter and pump, but nothing going to the carb. There is a metal line that snakes around under the shroud, and comes out on the carb side. Removed that little rubber piece, and no fuel. Replaced the pump, and been mowing troublefree all year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry I haven't posted till now......but I have been busy today mowing a couple of yards. :thThumbsU This morning I finished the rebuild and it did the trick. I flushed the fuel tank and replaced the rubber gas lines from the tank all the way to the carb. Also changed all clamps to the screw type. And I changed the oil in case some of the gas got into the crankcase (thought I could smell gas in the oil, maybe just my imagination, but just trying to be safe). Put on new fuel filter as well. And just in case, blew out the vent hole in the tank cap. Thanks to all. Great forum!!! :trink40: :trink40:

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts