My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've got a John Deere LA 175 with a Briggs 26hp OHV that just doesn't have any get up and go. It ran fine when I bought it new to me last year and was fine earlier today. But suddenly seemed to bog down. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Steve, more checking and info is needed on your part! Is engine slowing down or is engine staying at same speed and tractor slowing down?
If just engine, could be fuel, electric, or compression related. If just tractor slowing down could be belts or clutch.
Fresh gas, air filter, plugs? More info needed or this thread could go on for 50 pages!! Bob

·
Registered
831 Posts
Steve, Some suggested things to check or test, the group needs a little more info to help.

Will it run full speed at wide open throttle, with no load?
How old is this machine, how many hours?
Both cylinders firing?
Did this happen suddenly or gradually come on while cutting?
Oil up to full and fresh
Air cleaner clear and clean
Gas fresh, any smoking in exhaust

Try to do a little investigative work and re-post what you find. I'll bet you will get some good advice.

·
L120/G110 Hybridizer
1,138 Posts
Steve,

If it was running okay earlier today, but later started to bog down, it may be a clogged fuel cap. Sometimes the cap vent gets blocked and caused a partial vacuum to form in the tank. That causes fuel starvation and the engine will run (or not!) as if it has a full load on it and wants to bog down and/or quit. Troubleshooting is easy. If you experience the symptoms, just loosen the cap (allowing air to enter) and if the symptoms disappear, you've found your problem.

Of course, there are a myriad of other faults that can cause your problem, but start with the easy things. :)

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts