My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was cutting the lawn today as I watched the L120 click over 500 hours. :thThumbsU
Just as I was thinking on how trouble free this machine had been I noticed the front anti scalp wheels to be riding on the ground. :Disgus:On closer inspection it was obvious the front deck draft rod retaining bracket had moved aft. As anyone with a L120 will know this adjustable rod is critical to contolling the front deck height. Suffice to say my yard is only half done. I didn't have a lot of time to investigate why the braket is loose but suspect perhaps a weld. Anybody have any experience here.....possible solutions welcome.

·
Super Moderator
29,563 Posts
had it happen to my L130, the bracket broke. you can weld it, but honestly i would just get a new one. you have to pull the axle mounting bolt to get it off, may as well drop the axle and inspect it too BEFORE you order parts. they tend to break after a couple hundred hours of rough terrain, so at 500 you may want to check it before you fix things since it has to drop out anyway.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
had it happen to my L130, the bracket broke. you can weld it, but honestly i would just get a new one. you have to pull the axle mounting bolt to get it off, may as well drop the axle and inspect it too BEFORE you order parts. they tend to break after a couple hundred hours of rough terrain, so at 500 you may want to check it before you fix things since it has to drop out anyway.
Thanks davidg. Sounds like this is eaxactly the issue. What should I look for on the axel?

·
Super Moderator
29,563 Posts
just to either side of the pivot where the bolt goes thru is a smaller hole/slot. they have a tendancy to split across one of these small holes. BOTH times my L130 broke the front axle it was across the hole on the left as you sit on the tractor. remember, this is cast iron so a split will spread easily. CI just can't handle lots of repeated blows, and rough is my yard is i understand mine breaking!

while you are at it, if you have not done so now would be a great time to change the oil in the K46. check the thread in teh sticky/faq section top of this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts