My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been alot of discussions about the plastic(?) hoods on JD tractors.
IDK if this would be any help, but for the price, it just might be.

I'm betting it won't work with fiberglass
gatz

Registered
Yeah that's just another brand of hot stapler. I have used a hot stapler successfully on many occasions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Been alot of discussions about the plastic(?) hoods on JD tractors. IDK if this would be any help, but for the price, it just might be.

I'm betting it won't work with fiberglass gatz
Not sure I would send my money. Nice Fortune???? Welfirae.com????

Better to buy on Aliexpress for $10.

EEE69
No,The" plastic welder" ( hot stapler) will not work on fiberglass. Fiberglass gets it's ridgity and surface hardness from catalytic reaction of chemicals that cannot be reversed by the application of heat. If fiberglass is subjected to high heat it will delaminate and the out gassing of the chemical components will eventually ignite. Even some plastics will not " melt" because their chemical composition changes once they have " set" from their molten state. These plastics cannot be " welded" ( i.e. fused into a homogeneous mass with the application of heat) ; they must be "bonded" with the application of different chemicals to restore structural integrity. A " hot stapler"will work to hold pieces of these types of plastic together; but the pieces will not return to a homogenous unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts