My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a GX345 & looking for information. Is there a site where I can enter serial # & find out the build date, download user manual & find attachment compatibility? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
Just purchased a GX345 & looking for information. Is there a site where I can enter serial # & find out the build date, download user manual & find attachment compatibility? Thanks
For Deere Manuals and serial Number Age the Best Place is Your Local JD dealer. Deere Protects it's Manuals Like they were gold and they Have raised there Manual Price's Rather High as well You Can Look at a user Manual here Introduction & here OMM152805_I4 The GX345 was Made Between 2002 thru 2005 Being the Last year of Production. The 2004 & 2005 Model Years will have a Orange Diff/lock pedal On left fender deck the 2002 thru 2003 will Not have a diff/lock pedal:thThumbsU

·
Registered
6,276 Posts
Do a search on GX345 on this forum for a lot of info. The things that eventually give problems are the water pump, mechanical fuel pump on the early ones [ fire hazard ] and the ign on all of them [ complex battery powered CDI ].

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Congrats on the purchase.

Ask away. Lots of good information on this site and people willing to help.

Look here for serial # year info:
TractorData.com John Deere GX345 tractor information

I have a very low hour 2005 gx345 with 286 hours, about as close to new as you are going to find and a 1998 345 with 627 hours.
I bought the gx345 in 2009 with only 124 hours. I only use it for snow removal, which is the reason for the low hours.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a 2003 245/345 technical manual (but not GX). If there is something specific you want to know, let me know and I'll see if I can relay the relevant info. Posting the whole thing would be a copyright violation I'm sure, so I won't do it.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Welcome to the club, per say...

I hope you enjoy your tractor as much as I do mine. I also have a 98 345 and a 04 GX345. Nice thing is all my attachments are interchangeable. I have a two decks, one mulcher and one discharge, snowthrower, blade, tiller and my favorite, a Johnny Bucket JR.

They are one of the best JD ever offered IMHO.....

Good luck and bring us any questions you may have. Lots of 345 owners here.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Welcome to the club, per say...

I hope you enjoy your tractor as much as I do mine. I also have a 98 345 and a 04 GX345. Nice thing is all my attachments are interchangeable. I have a two decks, one mulcher and one discharge, snowthrower, blade, tiller and my favorite, a Johnny Bucket JR.

They are one of the best JD ever offered IMHO.....

Good luck and bring us any questions you may have. Lots of 345 owners here.
Dave, I'm in the process of restoring my 345 and have taken the deck, fenders and seat off. Replacing the seat, carburetor, breather tube and eventually the lower hood.
Should look and run like new when I'm done.
Amazing how much grass has accumulated on this thing. I think I filled a plastic bag with 10 lbs of grass.
Have you ever changed the plastic cam gear in your 1998 345?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Dave, I'm in the process of restoring my 345 and have taken the deck, fenders and seat off. Replacing the seat, carburetor, breather tube and eventually the lower hood.
Should look and run like new when I'm done.
Amazing how much grass has accumulated on this thing. I think I filled a plastic bag with 10 lbs of grass.
Have you ever changed the plastic cam gear in your 1998 345?
Yes, it was changed by a friend of mine right after I bought it from my Aunt. Her husband had passed and he had bought it new. I had already had one break on a 285 I had at 942 hrs (funny how you don't forget some things....) so I decided I didn't want the 345 to strand me like the 285 had. JD charged almost twice for the 285 of what my buddy charged me for the 345. If you do it make sure you go ahead and change the water pump and I think lifters(?) when you do. There was a kit available but not sure if it still is. It has all that should be changed in it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Another GX345 owner here... pretty much any troubleshooting you'll encounter can be answered on this forum. Shop manuals are nice, though... At the very least, get yourself the owners manual for general maintenance and operation.

As for attachments, take a look at the pdf I've attached. It helped me a lot when looking for stuff for mine. Anything in particular you're looking for?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts