My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an opportunity to buy a 1998 JD GT275 rather cheaply. It may have a bad motor but that is unknown at this time. What are your opinions on this tractor?

Also could anyone tell me the demensions of the original Kawasaki engine shaft. I have read it was 1 1/8 inch dia. but what was the length?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
16,790 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
1 1/8 diameter shaft length from 3 1/8" to 3 5/32" that is from how you measure. Good luck, bought mine new and repowered it last year.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Without a doubt, the best tractor I ever owned. Oh wait, it's the only tractor I ever owned.

I bought mine new in '98 and have 575 hours on it now. I use it all year round. Still runs like the day I bought it. It's a real workhorse. I change the oil regularly and keep up on all maintenance. The only way I would get rid of it is if I bought a x585 or similar.

Here are a few pictures of mine from this winter:

·
Registered
16 Posts
My first JD was a GT275. It was and still is a great tractor. I traded up for a X540 and gave the GT275 to my Dad. He uses it every week and keeps it looking like new like I did. Never had any major problems with it the whole 10 yrs I owned it.:fing32: Good luck!:greendr:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts