My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Andrew
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. I'm a new member to this site and I've found sites like these to be a VERY valuable source of information. I'm an antique caterpillar dozer collector and have never planned on owning a JD but a legitimate deal on a JD F935 mower found me and I couldn't pass it up.
I need an injection of knowledge, into my vein, on the F935.

This machine works perfectly well but I know there have to be some weak points as well as common troubles/problems just as there are with anything else.

This machine was in a three bay garage that caught on fire and I bought it from Nationwide Insurance Company. Thankfully the garage caught on fire at one end and this mower was at the opposite end where it only "smoke damage" occured, such as it is. I got to salvage everything from the structure and as I was going through everything, hauling off the scrap metal and what not, I found a stack of bearings for what I think is for the steering wheels (the ones in the back) of this mower? Are the bearings for the back wheels a weak link? Do they go bad rather frequently? I'm not a total strainger to JD equipment because I worked at a college that had a couple of JD tractors that I had to maintain.

What other kind of issues are there that I need to be aware of so I can keep adding as many trouble free hours to the hour meter as possible?
The Product Identification Number is--MOF935X141535 if that helps. Can anyone tell me what year model this mower is?

I'll take any information and tips you guys will give me. Your wealth of knowledge is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Andrew

1 - 1 of 1 Posts