My Tractor Forum banner

JD F620 hydraulic issues

279 Views 9 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  irl3r
i’m working on my F620 zero turn mower which i bought new in 1998. it has only 575 hrs.
i replaced a right drive motor hydraulic line and flushed out system. 8qts new oil 15w50 new jd filter purged all air . now i he left drive works fine but now no right drive
any helpful advice would be very much appreciated
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
lift the wheel off the ground a bit and spin it by hand? double check that the transport/release/bypass lever/screw has been returned to it's normal position?
i’ve tried that . i forgot to mention the the new line fitting at the wheel motor was too tall and cut into the wheel causing it to drag. i had to grind the fitting down a bit. do you think that thewheel motor was damaged. i completely rebuilt the right side pump it didn’t help
thank you !
I've had some take much longer than I expected to start working. I've had good luck with having the control lever set to max speed and then manually spinning the wheel for a bit until the air gets out and away it goes.

There's also the possibility that everything didn't go right with your rebuild, perhaps something wasn't installed in the right spot or with the right orientation...
thank you !
I've had some take much longer than I expected to start working. I've had good luck with having the control lever set to max speed and then manually spinning the wheel for a bit until the air gets out and away it goes.

There's also the possibility that everything didn't go right with your rebuild, perhaps something wasn't installed in the right spot or with the right orientation...
when spinning the wheel with control lever fully forward did you loosen the plug in the upper right side of the pump
how much resistance should i feel when spinning the tire . im not feeling much
I've had them with very little resistance. Have you re-checked the fluid level after trying to get it working?
yes sir. i am keeping the proper oil level during this process
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.