My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4 acres of fun!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last week I bought some oil and air filters at my local JD dealer because of the March filter discount. I have to say that I have sticker shock at how much the M152049 air filter is at $56.57 retail and $48.08 with the discount. I looked at past receipts and that filter was always expensive, but not $50+ at retail.

Does any body have a recommended alternate to this filter that is worth using?

·
Registered
204 Posts
So last week I bought some oil and air filters at my local JD dealer because of the March filter discount. I have to say that I have sticker shock at how much the M152049 air filter is at $56.57 retail and $48.08 with the discount. I looked at past receipts and that filter was always expensive, but not $50+ at retail.

Does any body have a recommended alternate to this filter that is worth using?
I just found it on ebay…..a lot cheaper!!!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Our local dealer wants $60 for that filter. As the previous poster suggested, you can get the filter on Ebay for around $32.

Part Number:
M152049
Part Price: 59.39 USD

However, JD Parts lists an alternative filter that is considerably less exprensive.

Alternative Part
A-B115142 Air Filter - DVP28010 - 39.04 USD

·
Administrator
21,093 Posts

·
4 acres of fun!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the ideas. Regarding the Stens filter - is the quality adequate to run a similar service length compared to the OE?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I can't comment on this particular Stens filter but I've used Stens air filters in other applications and always found the quality equal to the OEM offering.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I use Stens. Quality appears from fit and feel to be as good as factory on stuff I have used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts