My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been many moons since I posted a question here. I thought there used to be a filter part number crossover "sticky" in this section, but I don't see one any more. I need to do an oil change on my 955 and thought I could grab the part # for a non-JD replacement. If anyone has a part # could you please post it?

I will check the manual for the oil type to use, but planned on Rotella. Does anyone have a suggestion for weight?

Thanks.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
I have been told that the NAPA filter number is 51344. I haven't tried one to know if it works for certain.

I use Rotella 15w-40.

BTW, I have a 950, not a 955, but didn't they use the same engine?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dj2. I checked my manual and 15W40 is what I need too. I will try that # for the NAPA filter and post up after.

·
22,321 Posts
You are very welcome.

Just make sure that NAPA number is good before you buy one. I haven't tried it myself yet and I got the number through a post on another forum.

Proceed with caution.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The correct NAPA # is FIL1334. I got this from the NAPAonline.com catalog. They have listings for tons of tractors.

·
22,321 Posts
Thanks for the update. I can't get the browse the online catalog to work. It keeps telling me that my session expired.

I'll try it from home this evening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts