My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to locate the hydraulic fluid filter screen on my JD 950 1980 model. The local dealer couldn't even tell me where it is located. Any help would be appreciated. My year model doesn't seem to have a filter, just the screen.

Thanks Jim

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
First and foremost, welcome to the forums. Take a few minutes and drop into the Introductions forum and give yourself an introduction.

The screen is located on the right side as you are sitting on the machine. Sit in the seat and look down under your right heel at the very bottom of the transmission case. You should see a black molded rubber hose attached to the transmission case on one end and the other end hooked to a green pipe about an 1 1/4" in diameter running to the front of the tractor. The place that the rubber hose hooks to the tractor is where the screen is located. The mount for the screen is attached to the case with three small bolts. Remove the bolts and the screen will just slide out.

Be sure to drain the hydro fluid first. There is about 5 gallons in there when it is full and it makes a horrible mess if it is all over you.

If you need more info or some pictures, let me know. I will be happy to help.

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: The 950 seems to have become a popular model with owners here! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts