My Tractor Forum banner

Jd 920m ztr

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  MF283 
#1 ·
I finally bit the bullet & bought a ZTR to mow my 2 acres & mon=n=laws 2+ acres when she was diagnosed with cancer this year & can no longer run her LX277.
Sold my 95 GT242 that i dearly loved & bought this mower with the 54" deck, WOW, not sure why i waited so long, cut my mowing time in half on both yards & the cut is amazing. I didn't get a suspension seat, which i do see in the future, just slow down on some of the bumpier sites, or give me more tractor time to redo the yard this fall:fing32:
Everything is convenient as far as performing maintainance on the mower, raise the front end up with FEL on the tractor to clean underneath the deck.
I'll occasionally use mom-n-laws LX instead of trailering the 920 to her house , makes me even more appreciative of the ZTR.
I got the mower at the end of April & have racked up 16.5 hours, would have approached more on the GT's being i've mowed more than usual just to stay ahead.
I was looking at ExMark & Toro, being a green fan, had to go with JD, the Kawasaki engine is fairly quite with most of the noise coming from the deck which operates up to speeds with my tractor & bush hog.
Loving it & mom=n-law let's me bring the LX over when i want to fertilizethe yard with spreader & pull my yard cart, best of both worlds & not taking up space in the shop with 2 mowers.

Ronnie

See less See more
#3 ·
It's actually easier than a steering wheel. A few years back i was working on a farm part time maintaing 110 acres, 10 of that was a yard.
The guy put's me on his ZD Kubota(which is a great machine) shows me where everything is, 5 minutes later & i'm off.
I've operated all kinds of equipment over the years, favorite ones didn't have a steering wheel.

Ronnie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.