My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a 855 for nearly 30 years and have loved it. but the last few years I've had problems with the deck or 3 point not going down. It will go up fine. I've looked for a zero but no luck. Any ideas??

Hi Larry....WELCOME and thank you for joining in at the friendliest tractor forum....can you go to our Introduction Forum at Introductions and give us a little background about yourself and equipment ...if you need help with the tractor...I believe you are referring to a JD 855?...check here John Deere Forum Lots of valuable information and help available on the John Deere Forum

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
yes. jd 855. Don't know what other information you would like. I'm from Indiana. And I use my 855 for almost everything from mowing to plowing snow.

Kish JD 318/420/430
Welcome to the MTF family, The 855 is a great machine hopefully you get it figured out and continue to use it.

Larry...what are yo looking for help with...fixing the problem with the hydraulic lift?.....or choosing a replacement

Kish JD 318/420/430
Can you tell us more about how your tractor is configured (ie control system (levers for the selective control valve), rockshaft configuration, any rear couplers). I wondering about something binding when it is being lowered or why the pressure is not being relieved so the unit(s) will lower.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
well. not that knowledgeable about the terms. has rockshaft lever and joystick for the loader. rear pto ( that I've never used) and mid pto for the deck. I've got the rockshaft valve opened up all the way but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Kish JD 318/420/430
Going to need some pictures if you can get them. Some on the rear (3pt) showing whats there and under were some stuff for the mowing deck is. Control area. Have you changed hydro fluid and filter for the tractor? Since you have loader then it must aux hydro system installed?

Registered
The fact that you have had this thing for 30 years keeps me from suggesting the mower height screw is turned all the way up, except that is the only way I can recreate that problem on my 955. Grandkids been playing on the tractor? After that the only other time was on my Kubota 2110 mower where a loosened but still attached bolt caused interference and the deck wouldn't lower.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts