My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Worker
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new (to me) 1987 John Deere 855 CUT, 4 wheel drive, I.D # M00855D436550 and the right-rear wheel wants to lock up. On concrete, driving straight, the right-rear is rotating slower than the left-rear and actually leaves skid marks. On grass, driving straight, the same thing occurs but the left-rear is able to spin faster on the grass. I can hear the engine working harder when this occurs in either situation. It doesn't seem to happen in reverse. And, it's not all the time. I'm hoping it's just brake drag and can be adjusted in the linkage. Also, one time I heard a 'squealing' like metal-on-metal that also leads me to believe it may be brake related. But I wanted to check here with all of you in hopes of getting a lead on where to start looking. Is there separate linkage adjustment for left vs. right side? Is the parking brake only on the right-rear? Have any of you experienced this before? My parking brake is/was not engaged and all of my fluids are full and in good shape but I can't say if all of my zerc's have been greased since the tractor is still new to me. Thank you.

Attachments

·
9K+ Poster
12,151 Posts
I had a similar experience after a neighbor borrowed my 2210. Turned out that he got a stick stuck in the differential lock linkage that ended up being the culprit. Might be worth taking a look underneath. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts