My Tractor Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,948 Posts
Which tires you get? They had off brand 7 rib ones for $29. I was thinking of getting those when I start on my 80.

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Artego ribbed, got tubes for them just in case the rims won't seal, maybe the same ones you looked at; look just like the originals for the cart. I just got a set of Artego Ags for plow day to replace my Carlisle Super Lugs that dry rotted. So far I like them, they have a similar tread design to the Super Lugs which I thought did great at plow days and they are about 1.5 inches taller than the super lugs were.

·
3,386 Posts
Tim...if you have a log splitter try using that....just bring the piston down easily and position the wheel in a good spot where the wedge will hit it just right...a little trick I learned on this forum..also i did manage to bend that rod on mine...but it does save a lot of time....they also sell some pry bars for 5 or 6 dollars each that really do help

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Mark, thanks no log splitter, just a sledge hammer and wedges and I don't think I want to try those! All the tires on them were shot so I'll cut it off tomorrow with the grinder and the dremel (for the close work). I have a set of tire spoons and as long as the bead breaks I was able to use those to take the other two off the rims.

·
I'll never get to 10,000
4,948 Posts
Artego ribbed, got tubes for them just in case the rims won't seal, maybe the same ones you looked at; look just like the originals for the cart. I just got a set of Artego Ags for plow day to replace my Carlisle Super Lugs that dry rotted. So far I like them, they have a similar tread design to the Super Lugs which I thought did great at plow days and they are about 1.5 inches taller than the super lugs were.
Those were the ones I was looking at too. Most likely will get tubes as I'm not sure what shape the rims are in.

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Do you make house calls? :) I need to do the same in both garage bays. Having tractors stuffed in around the cars doesn't help.
Sure if the price is right! I will actually be getting rid of some old Christmas stuff this year to make more room. I don't decorate like I used to!

·
Super Moderator
27,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
How about free admission to the Museum of Unfinished Projects? It's not too far away from me. :)
You going to tell him we're coming, at least the bar seems finished!! :)

101 - 111 of 111 Posts