My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Parts collector
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a chance to buy a JD 650 with a FEL . No front driveshaft, bucket cylinders are leaking, but runs and drives.
The guy wants $3500 Not sure that a good deal.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Is it a 4WD model that the front drive shaft was removed, or is it a 2WD model to begin with? According to tractordata it was available in both configurations from the factory. If the tractor itself is in good condition and it is a 2WD model, then it by itself is probably worth $2500.00 or so by itse4lf around here, but prices vary form region to region around the country. One with a loader would be between $3200.00 and $3500.00, but since it is leaking from both bucket cylinders I would drop to $2900.00 or $3000.00 as my offer due to the couple hundred each it would cost to get the cylinders rebuilt.

Reactions: Bebop

·
Parts collector
3,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a 4x4 from the factory. I have not heard back from the seller yet and it's been 3 days. I'm starting to think this is a scam.
Price wise I was thinking 3K
My neighbor has a case/IH I think it's a 225 17hp diesel with a FEL but he won't give me a price.

Reactions: 4Get GTO

·
MTF Member
588 Posts
I believe there's sellers out there that likes to throw some chum in the water and see what surfaces. I've seen that quite often...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts