My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a ton of errors and I'm stumped...tractor runs and drives, but all stop/warning lights are flashing and tach started bouncing from accurate reading to 0 and back (engine running smooth though). Hour meter wasn't displaying any hours and diagnostic mode wouldn't display any error codes.

I disconnected the battery for 24 hours to try draining/resetting the computer and after hooking it up, I got my hour meter back and diagnostic mode finally spit out codes.

Prior to all this weird stuff happening, I was getting an error code for transmission temperature too hot/very hot. When it did that, I allowed it to cool down and the lights to turn off before proceeding with any more work/driving. I also occasionally got a brief warning light for transmission oil pressure too low if I slowed the Bush Hog down to idle without disengaging the PTO once it hit idle rpm. Hydraulic fluid level was fine...I put it on the high side of the safe level just to be sure. Also made the radiator fins and all other coolers were clear. Need to change the hydraulic filter, I guess, to rule that out.

Anyway...

Here is everything pulled from the diagnostic readout:

BIF
639.02 - 29-BIT CAN BUS, open circuit
167.17 - D+ voltage too low (engine speed over 1500 rpm)
167.18 - D+ voltage too low (engine speed up to 1500 rpm)
127.00 - Transmission oil pressure low
190.02 - No signal from engine speed sender
177.00 - Transmission oil temperature very high
177.16 - Transmission oil temperature is high

EPC
639.13 - 29-BIT CAN BUS, high error rate
306120.09 - BCU is not transmitting any data (engine speed)
639.19 - 29-BIT CAN BUS, very high error rate

BCU

SFA
324080.09 - Not listed in my book
324081.09 - Not listed in my book

Any definitive diagnosis? What is the 29-BIT CAN BUS? Is it time to bite the bullet and call out a dealer's service tech? I'm suspecting it's a bad computer but know nothing about how it works or where it's located...assuming it isn't multiple different modules.

I'm wondering if the transmission oil overheat codes are legit or relating to a larger underlying cause, however, if they're not, what are the primary causes for this? As mentioned, I've already checked my fluid level and made sure my radiator and other cooler fins are clear of any build-up.

One last thing, after unhooking the battery my errors were still there...but after manually clearing all codes in diagnostic mode, they didn't seem to come back. I'll try to use it tomorrow and see how far I get....

Thanks!

·
All-around nice guy
1,312 Posts
A CANbus allows data communication between multiple sensors and components through protocol. I'm no microprocessor data transmission expert, but the CANbus software may be corrupt. :dunno:

You may want to contact the dealer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...I ran it for a couple hours today out in the fields and no major problems have returned. My high transmission oil temp warning came back though...aside from changing the hydraulic filter, any other ideas on what to try next should that prove unsuccessful?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Old post I know but I wondered if you resolved the electrical issues? We have some very similar issues. We have a 6520 with a long list of diagnostic error codes. The fuse holder coming off battery melted so we had no power to the cab. Holder and fuses replaced which returned power to cab so tractor would start but now it will only move with hazards switched on. Also hours missing from display (these also return when hazards are switched on). Very strange but tractor seems to run ok even with all the error lights flashing.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts