My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a jd 54 blade locally. They want $395 for it, is that about the going rate for one of these? It doesn't have the hydraulic angle it is manual.http://www.bismanonline.com/john_deere_54_blade_450
Also how heavy duty are these blades are they comparable to an atv blade? i have one of them already but don't have the atv anymore maybe i could just make that work on to my 300. But if they aren't even close to what the jd blade is i won't waste my time. ALso does the jd blade have trip springs?

·
Murph
1,930 Posts
Offer 300 and hope he counters with 350 then buy it. I've been looking hard for one and they are advertised anywhere from 300 to 900 dollars.

·
Lawn Boys Never Die
2,049 Posts
The hydro angle ones go from 500-600 this time of year. Non angle ones. 350.00 to 400.00.

·
Registered
48 Posts
From the atv blades I have come across a JD 54 blade makes atv blades look like a toy. As far as price goes I would say that depends. From the pics I pulled up from the link you provided It appears that the lift cylinder might have a leak?

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
If it was close to me I would have already bought it for that price. The few around here are twice that much, and I need one, just not willing to shell out $800 for one. :trink40:

·
Murph
1,930 Posts
If it was close to me I would have already bought it for that price. The few around here are twice that much, and I need one, just not willing to shell out $800 for one. :trink40:
:ditto:

I'm on one now for about the same price but the guy says there are 3 people in front of me and the first person will be by tonight at 5:30 pm. I replied telling him I would pay full price cash in and and would be there in 2 hours (he's 130 miles from me but I'd drive fast...lol) He said he was going to give the other guy first shot at it and with 2 others after him I know there's no way I'll get it......:crybaby:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow didn't realize these were worth this much. I might have to think about this.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Of course during the summer I saw several for reasonable prices, but I didn't own a JD at that time!:crybaby: Now I might be paying for it!:banghead3

·
Registered
383 Posts
I picked mine up this summer in excellent condition for $350 and considered it a steal compared to what they go for in my area typically. Considering that they are now in high demand due to winter- I'd expect to pay a premium unfortunately.
I concur on the strength of the JD vs ATV blade. I really think the Deere could bend one of those straight again- and the "springs" on those are like a mattress spring compared to the JD springs. If I used the blade I had for my old Husky on the JD it would have broken already.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Sounds like an average price for this time of the year in my area (Connecticut) I was able to find mine with hydraulic angle in the summer for 325, no leaks and new hoses but looked like it lived out side its whole life. There is one on Craigslist for a while for 750.00 near me.
http://newhaven.craigslist.org/grd/2715174474.html Been on there a while, asking a little too much in my opinion. But if you shop around and are patient there are some good deals like this one for 375.00 which I'm surprised isn't sold yet. http://hartford.craigslist.org/grd/2687422439.html

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Here in the NW, Seattle area. I sell the 54" twin cyl. For $750.00 The 42" single cyl. $450.00 The 42" nonhyd, $250.00 So you are in the ball park.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Tony- I noticed that the Seattle area seems to be more expensive than here. The blades here are usually in the 350-450 range and last a day at best on CL. I was happy to find mine in Gig Harbor for 350- and was surprised it was on CL as long as it was. I figured no one wanted to drive out there- I was more than happy to make the jaunt out there from Bonney Lake while I was visiting friends!! :)

I think I've seen some of your things on CL- you have some nice tractors there.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I just picked one up with the dual hyds, and yes they are heavy duty and they have trip springs
Pete, where are you finding ALL these attachments. I sold all mine this summer. Dual angle blade with new hoses to Brent from Maple Creek. Had it listed for less than a day.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pete, where are you finding ALL these attachments. I sold all mine this summer. Dual angle blade with new hoses to Brent from Maple Creek. Had it listed for less than a day.
Randy, On an acreage just out of Saskatoon paid $275 for it one cyl was a bit rusty but it cleaned nice and no leaks .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts