My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently sold my MF & have been looking at a 07 5303 with the 512 loader on it. I have decided to try & treat myself to a newer JD after owing a 63 430 & 74 820 before the MF purchase.
The tractor only has 180 hours on it & the PTO dosen't look like it ever had anything attached to it at all.

I was just wondering if anyone here had any "good,bad or ugly" on this series of tractor.

Thanks,
Ronnie

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have a 07 5203 which is the same tractor just a little less hp. I have 469 hrs. and love it. Easy on fuel has good torque and hp. and good response on the hydraulics. Hope this helps:thThumbsU

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Positive remarks sure beats negative ones, do you have the 2 or 4WD version? I'm looking at the 2WD being i'll use it to mow, break garden spot & the usual odd & end chores.

Ronnie

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mine's two wheel drive and no loader. The only thing i've done is put the weight bar and add two weights on the front those mx6 mowers are pretty heavy. You might have to do the same to the rear but you should be fine.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking at the MX7,3pt or possibly an MX8 in the pull behind, probably have the rear tires filled being i'll use a 3 bottom disc plow for the garden spot.

Ronnie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts