My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know if anyone knows how is the best way to clean out fuel lines. My tractor has power issues and just cuts off. I have replaced the fuel and oil filters already.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Have you checked for good fuel flow from the tank?? Did you purge ALL the air out of the fuel lines & inj pump? To remove air from inj lines after inj pump has been bleed loosen inj line at injectors and spin engine over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the message. I just started working on the problem and wanted to get some suggestions. What is unusual is sometimes the tractor will run normal for about five minutes and then start to lose power and cut off. I will probably just work from the tank checking the line as I work forward. I have been reading that the 5x20 series tractors have trouble with the fuel system because there is no fuel pump but this is the first time this has happened with the one I have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Venting was okay and fuel drained clear from tank drain. Tractor ran okay for light jobs for about a week. But when I run machinery at a high PTO it runs in spurts and eventually will just cut off. I did not know if I should start with the fuel lines first or maybe the problem could be in the carburetor or jets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Venting was okay and fuel drained clear from tank drain. Tractor ran okay for light jobs for about a week. But when I run machinery at a high PTO it runs in spurts and eventually will just cut off. I did not know if I should start with the fuel lines first or maybe the problem could be in the carburetor or jets.
The 5220 is a diesel. So you mean the ejector pump not carburetor right?... When my 1520 cut out I usually had to bleed the injectors to restart. I had a faulty fuel transfer pump. You might have the same problem.... FB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts