My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
got the correct part from JD. Needless to say someone had thier hands in there before me. The rings I put it was almost a perfect match for what I took out. Comparing the JD parts with the ones I took out they are not even close. Guess thats why it leaked!
Here's a shot of the removed "o" ring on top of the correct JD version

Will report back shortly after the new parts are installed

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well install went much better the 2nd time around lmao. Parts fit much better sprayed everything down with brake clean and made sure nothing was in the area. Started the tractor and let it build pressure. No more leak from there. There is one small drip on the oil filter but I have a new one to replace it once the rear pto setup arrives and I install that with a fluid change as well. Now its a waiting game for my package to arrive with the goods.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Good to hear and glad everything is working out for you. Just as a side note, yes, it's a good idea to clean parts with a solvent, but prior to installing o-rings, seals, or any type of packing, you should lube moving surfaces with oil, preferably the oil in the system. Bob

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So here comes part 2 of my project on the rear-end. I just got back this afternoon from my vacation and much to my surprise I had a package waiting for me with my rear PTO setup. Got this from a fellow member dwatson. Unpacked the setup and took a look. Here's what I got.....

Taking inventory of the included items most of it was there. Was just missing the rear pto harness that goes from right side mid frame to the lower corner of the pto setup.
So it was time to dig into the original rear case. To start I removed the rear bumper/hitch mount...

I then removed the pto solenoid and started draining the hydraulic fluid from the rear.

After the fluid drained completely and the filter was removed I then went on to remove the 12mm case bolts that hold the rear cover in place. I then removed that cover.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If you look at that last picture the lower gear has to be removed to install the new one for the rear pto. It is held in place with a snap ring.

I then installed the new rear pto gear with a new snap ring.

Now at this point I split the rear pto cases apart and cleaned the mating surfaces.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I installed the first case and it takes a small bit of prying at the upper corner of the case to get the dowel pins lined up.

I installed the outer bolts and re-installed the pto solenoid. Now I cleaned the outer case and got it ready to install.

This case portion takes a bit of wiggling to get it lined up. I had my brother turn the mid pto shaft while I gently applied forward pressure to get the gears to mesh and the case to fully seat.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Now that I had the pto cases all installed I turned to the pto actuation lever. A roll pin needed to be installed into the shaft

I then mounted the rod mount with new 5/16" carriage bolts to the frame and installed the tension spring.

Next up was the pto hand safety guard. It was locked in place and the pto adapter installed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So that pretty much concluded what I could do with the pto set up until I get the rear wiring harness either from my local dealer or online i need the AM121061 harness. Ill check in the morning if my local dealer has one. So testing will have to wait on that. I then installed a new fluid filter and put in 7 quarts of fresh hydraulic fluid. Once topped off I reinstalled the bumper/hitch mount and the body panels.

And here it is all installed. Hopefully I find that harness in the morning and get to test this thing out soon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Well I had to order the harness and it finally came in today. I installed that and my pro's are not working. Just wondering if there is 2 types of pto switches. 2 position and 3? I have the 2 position switch in the tractor installed the module and harness but neither my mid or rear pto engage when I pull the switch up. Anyone else have this issue or can shed some light on this for me

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
What's the little lever with the white handle for?

One of your safety switches giving you an issue? Seat switch?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It may be that rear lever im not quite sure of how it works yet. I know it is to have only, front pto running, rear and front and just rear. But not sure exactly. Definitely not a seat issue

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Im wondering if it should shift with that rod freely when the tractor is off. Im guessing something may be binding causing it not to engage

·
Registered
261 Posts
If memory serves me right, there were two different harnesses depending on the tractor serial number, and one, the earlier one was no longer available, did you verify you have the correct harness?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
My serial plate is gone. But I had the connection half way mid frame that I connected to. The other one is different correct?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I am sorry, I don't know what the differences are between the harnesses, I was thinking on finding the Rear PTO for my 445 but I found out the Harness was no longer available and now with the 1026R I don't need the 445 for PTO equipment and quit investigating in 2013 when the 1026R came home with me.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Maybe this will help, a quick check shows three serial number breaks. I hope this will help and if nothing else maybe you could make up the correct harness for your tractor.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
You are welcome and good luck with the project, I hope the solution is just a simple repair.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts