My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else had problems with the chute teeth kind of stripping and not being able to turn it? What was your fix for this? Im thinking about cutting a piece of thin steel out and mounting it under the chute.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It didn't break like the picture above. The teeth are just kind of stripped. It turns now but in the winter if there is any snow packed in just a little bit it won't turn. It worked great the first year and half but then it started just bending the teeth down.

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
I had the same 44 blower, and in the winter, I was always nervous that those "teeth" were going to break off. I think there is another thread here somewhere that dealt with lubricating that chute to decrease the problem. Maybe it was one of Stladrill's threads with the broken teeth? IMHO, seems like an el cheapo design by JD.

·
Run ahead of the pack
9,968 Posts
I had the same 44 blower, and in the winter, I was always nervous that those "teeth" were going to break off. I think there is another thread here somewhere that dealt with lubricating that chute to decrease the problem. Maybe it was one of Stladrill's threads with the broken teeth? IMHO, seems like an el cheapo design by JD.
Here is the thread that Wooly talk about.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=106158

·
Bring on old man winter.
670 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts