My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....was wondering if I could get some help. If anyone can point me in the right direction or happen to kno ...I'd be greatly indebted to you guys. I often get on here just to read and find out all I can bout this little tractor I have.
So here's a little back ground on my 425. Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this...if not...i apologize.
So I'm still new to lawn and garden tractors.
My 425 I acquired...the guy I got it from said it was a 99 or 2000. But the sticker on the radiator says manufactured in 96. Same manufacture date on sticker on air box. He told me this tractor has the steel cam gear from factory. I believed him...being I dont kno much about these tractors. And didn't kno about the cam gear issue prior to purchasing.
My problem now is...my steering cylinder is leaking. Still works...but leaking. Found a used one....bout 3 hrs away along with a gauge cluster...(mine doesn't work either...fuel and temp gauge inop)...but the guy selling those parts said JD made 4 different steering cylinders. And being there is no serial number sticker on my tractor...I have no idea what year I have...and no way to find out if this used steering cylinder will fit my tractor.
Please....any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanku in advance

1 - 2 of 2 Posts